- buying a new top-of-the-range Mac every year, rather than struggling on with some old Windows machine that keeps going wrong;
- going on to elance.com and offshoring time-consuming, repetitive jobs;
- not skimping on supplies, such as Portsmouth Tea, which make the working day more pleasant.
Moreover, knowing the value of their time might involve:
- dropping clients (internal or external) who repeatedly waste their time;
- charging a proper rate – and avoiding work that doesn’t pay properly;
- avoiding all requests for free PR advice, except for a deliberate and chosen charity;
- never meeting anyone in a coffee shop to “discuss” their PR;
- not working excessively long and unproductive hours, but instead knowing to go out for curry.